1. Reading makes you a better writer
2. Reading keeps you mentally stimulated
“The brain is an organ just like every other organ in the body. It ages in regard to how it is used,” he said. “Just as physical activity strengthens the heart, muscles and bones, intellectual activity strengthens the brain against disease.”
3. Reading makes you sexy
4. Reading improves your memory
5. Reading helps you sleep better
“‘I can’t shut my mind off’ is one of the most common phrases I hear from the patients that come to my sleep clinic,” Winter says.
6. Reading allows us to empathise with people better
“The current research suggests that books give readers more than an opportunity to tune out and submerge themselves in fantasy worlds. Books provide the opportunity for social connection and the blissful calm that comes from becoming a part of something larger than oneself for a precious, fleeting moment,” Gabriel and Young write.